November 8, 2008

Halloween breakfast


My work has different groups that take turns making breakfast each Friday so that you bring breakfast one week and have free Friday breakfast for the next 6 or so weeks. Last week was my turn and just as luck has it, it was Halloween. I love being festive so I thought what a perfect opportunity to make my pumpkin pancakes. So as a result, I got up at 5:30 a.m. and started flipping away.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. canned pumkin
4 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 c. melted margarine

Directions:

Mix together dry ingredients. Combine milk, eggs, margarin and pumpkin in a small bowl. Stir into dry ingredients until blended.



Pour about 1/3 - 1/2 cup on to a hot griddle (depending on the size of pancake you want). Cook until top bubbles and turn and cook other side.

Top with whatever you like, but I prefer whip cream and a dash of nutmeg.

They were well received by my work and I think they would probably like me to get up at 5:30 a.m. more mornings and bring in a hot meal ;-) I also made decorated cupcakes to celebrate All Hallow's Eve.


No comments: