April 29, 2013

Lamb burgers

The weather is getting hot and that means two things for me - Farmer's Market & Grill Time!  I found some ground lamb for a decent price (not much more than ground beef) and jumped at the opportunity to try my first attempt at lamb burgers.  With all of my fresh herbs and garlic from the farmer's market, I knew I would have plenty for the patties, but I didn't realize how delicious it would all turn out until that first bite!

1.3 lb ground lamb
1 tsp. fresh dill
1 tsp. fresh mint
1 tsp. fresh cilantro
1 tsp. oregano
2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
dash of cumin
dash of salt
dash of ground mustard
dash of black pepper
Olive oil - enough to just moisten the mix
Gouda cheese (optional)

Add all ingredients to a bowl and work together and then into individual patties.  Grill on each side for about 5 minutes or until well-done.  I topped these with gouda cheese towards the end to melt on the burger.  Serve with hamburger buns, mustard, and condiments (lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles).


No comments: